1010 North Chestnut Street
Minonk, IL 61760
The Homestead Restaurant was a popular restaurant located at the north edge of Minonk from the late 1940's until the 1960's.
The restaurant was first run by Max Hill and later by Morris Gaede.
Although this picture shows the building with white paint, it was built with logs and originally had a natural dark wood finish.
The 1/2 mile walk from downtown to the Homestead Restaurant was a popular trail for young people who were too young to drive.
Young girls would parade back and forth between downtown and the Homestead attracting the eyeballs of the young boys who
would drive by slowly in their jalopies and whistle at them.
The building is still standing and has been used as a home and as a storage building.
Scanning, digitally cleaning and enhancing all these postcards,
locating, adding street and map view, and running this site costs a great deal
so won't you please consider making a donation.
Doing so is fast, safe, and easy through PayPal's online service.
Or, simpler, click on an advertisement banner every so now and then ;).